Saturday, March 12, 2011

Liz Con 2011

I am so excited to be going to this! Technically this is a memorial trip in honor of the day Liz died, but its gone from two or three friends, to a decent sized group (if I'm not mistaken, we're in the double digits for number of people).

As such, since we're all planning to celebrate her life the night before, and the night of visiting the cemetery, it's been dubbed Liz Con, and has an almost "wake" sort of vibe to it.  While I wish with all I am that we weren't gathering to celebrate such a somber occasion (her birthday is in November, and that's a bit too cold to do anything, even for this neck of the woods), I'd love it if this takes off. 

Since I decided to go I can't get over how much else in my life has fallen into sync.  I'm now up for a promotion at work, my financial headache got a very quick and easy solution, and all kinds of good stuff. 

I'm already planning a surprise for all the girls, and provided the funds are there I'm planning on getting my first tattoo.  I've already talked to Krista about doing the artwork for it, she's such a phenomenal artist I hope to be one of her paying customers once she completes her apprenticeship.

I've got so much to do for the surprise I have in mind...typing, burning, gluing, oi the list is endless.  I've also got something rather comical planned to do, I just hope that everyone else gets the joke. It isn't to make fun of Liz or anything, but rather a hilarious take on how "sacred" my collection is.

But for now it's off to sleep...or at least to curl up in bed and spend a couple of hours writing.  I love that it's the last thing I do before I go to sleep, it ensures my dreams are filled with my favorite couple and happy thoughts about what might've been.


Til next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment