Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Wrestling Moment....with Divine Appreciation

I forgot to mention this earlier, and I wanted to.  For those who don't know me, or know much about me, please understand I have a very big belief in the paranormal, and that the living aren't the only 'souls' who walk this planet.

A few nights ago at work I had three college age kids come to Electronics looking for Smackdown/Raw 2011 for 360.  I sold out a week ago, and because our media is outsourced by a vendor I don't know when I'll get any more in.  But what pissed me off is the way he treated me when he asked me for the game.  First of all, I'm not racist by any means, and I'm usually very respectful of another culture.  Except when that means you think you're going to get away with treating me the way you would women back in your own country.  All three of these kids were Middle Eastern, and I could tell by their attitudes that they didn't like that a woman was looking them in the eye. 

Each time he kept asking me about wrestling, he kept over enunciating the word as if he thought speaking it slowly would help me understand what type of sport it was.  Apparently, because I'm a girl I probably don't know what wrestling is.  Finally, after about a half dozen times I'd had it.  When he said it again, I made a point to get in his face and make direct eye contact.

"I'm fully aware of what professional wrestling is, having been a manager myself in one of the semi-pro circuits, and a fan during what's now known as the WWE's Federation Years, all the way through the 90's.  But of course that's back when they still featured actual wrestlers and not the overpaid, no talent primadona's of today."

It took him five minutes to pick his jaw up off the floor, before all three of them started asking me about favorite wrestlers and were shocked at how far back I could remember with startling clarity.

When they left, I felt this pressure as if someone had put their hand on my shoulder, and a soft female voice say "that's my girl" in my ear.  Only when I turned around, there was no one there.  Nice to know that not only am I being watched over, but I do have the ability to make her proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment