Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Finding Myself Again

Had to come home from work last night...total basket case.  I just feel like I'm standing in the middle of a crowded room, screaming at the top of my lungs and no one even looks up. Working 3rd shift doesn't help me, because I feel like my entire life is a constant cycle of "get up--go to work--come home--go to bed". 

I don't have anything to do when I am home, other than what revolves around the website, and that's a lot on my plate. I have a "crew", but I'm such a dammed control freak and a perfectionist I make it damn near impossible for them to help me do anything.  I force myself not to exert further control over the "Moment of the Week" than I already have, because I want the site to be a group effort. However, I think all I've managed to do is shoot myself in the foot. 

I understand that everyone has a full time job, or something else that keeps them from helping me in the way I need, but I gotta do something soon.  Starting January 1st, the two pages that are missing content (Notable Moments and eWo) are going to get updated one way or another, and if that means doing it alone, then so be it.  I know I've asked for help with the eWo one, and all I get in return is "whatever you decide to do is fine".  That's not help, that's brushing me off to keep from fooling with it.

My mom thinks taking some vitamin D would help, and so would making myself get out and go do things on weekends, and when I'm off in the morning.  I think next payday, I'm going to take the Sunday for myself, shopping, eating brunch at a favorite restaurant...etc.  I haven't done so since Halloween, and I think it would be good for me.  I think that's going to be one of my NYR (New Year's Resolutions), to schedule a day each week--I don't have to spend money--to do what I want for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment