Saturday, August 13, 2011

Catching Up...

See, I said I'd forget about updating this thing on a daily basis, and I did.  And then when I came back I discovered that someone apparently hacked my account and attempted to delete my blog, which is not cool.

On the up side, nice to see that my YouTube stream now has 4 videos suggested that I actually love when it comes to Liz. 

Work is still the same shit, just different days.  I added one more day to my vacation, because it didn't make sense the way I initially did it.  I'm off on weekends so originally I requested off Thurs-Thurs.  But it didn't make sense for me to go back to work on Friday and then turn around again and be off Saturday and Sunday.  So I asked for that Friday off too, and my co-manager said that it was fine and wouldn't be a problem since that schedule has yet to be made.  I also requested off the day before Thanksgiving, though I'm not exactly confident they'll give it to me.  I hope they do though because I wanna talk my mom into doing Thanksgiving dinner a night early so that I can be there with her.  I miss celebrating it as a family.

I just had someone I thought was a good friend decide to tell me that she no longer believes in my connection to a higher power, and instead thinks it's from my conscious or subconscious mind and no where else.  So I said I wouldn't bother her about it anymore, and I mean that.  I'm just worried that my writing will suffer because of it.

I'm working hot and heavy on getting ready for September 6th, which is when Kevin will officially pass the torch and misselizabeth.com becomes misselizabeth.net.  The site is around 80% of the way done, and I'm soon to start uploading some of the interior content to the webhost. 

My idea of a tribute for Liz when I get to LizFest in September is starting to come together nicely.  I've decided to do everything myself though, instead of relying on being able to do part of it through an outside source when I get to Frankfort.  I'd rather not have to take my chances on getting there and then part of it falling through. 

So I'm going to go equipped with everything to do it myself, so that if my initial attempt falls through, I have a back up plan.  I'm going to do a trial run next weekend hopefully, I want to figure out how much stress I can put the main part of my idea under before it cripples it and renders the idea impossible.

In true "Synful Creations" style I will shoot footage of that, along with the prep work and the presentation to put up on the site after I return from LizFest. 

Wonder what my two roomies would think if they knew I was already making packing preparations for the trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment